Annual Accounts

Once your new company has been successfully incorporated, you have a number of filing requirements for Companies House and HMRC to familiarise yourself with.

Annual Returns

Annual Accounts

  • Annual accounts are essential for every business. It provides the opportunity to analyse their performance and plan for the future. Thus allowing a business to focus on their important activities to help the business grow and develop.
  • Furthermore, we will use these figures to help with the completion of your self-assessment tax returns and provide valuable decision making information.

Who Needs to provide an Annual Return?

Every registered company must submit an annual return to Companies House each year.


What Information Do I Provide?

The annual return includes information such as :

  • Directors of the Company
  • Shareholders of the Company
  • Your Registered Office
  • Contact Details
  • The Nature of your Business

When does it have to be submitted?

The deadline is normally either 21 months after the incorporation of your company, 9 months after the end of your accounting year or 1 year after the date you filed your last annual return. You must file your annual return no more than 28 days after the due date.

Failure to submit your return can result in a fine up to £5,000 and your Company being struck off.

Tax Returns

Self Assessment Tax Return

Self Assessment is a system HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) uses to collect Income Tax.

Whether you are a sole trader or running your own business via a limited company, unless you pay tax via PAYE and do not have additional income, you must submit a self assessment tax return.

Completing these can be time consuming and stressful, especially when close to deadlines. Here at Tax GP, we will do all the ground work including giving you advice on what is tax deductible and what can be claimed as an expense.


Who must send a tax return?

If in the last tax yea you were :

  • self-employed as a ‘sole trader’ and earned more than £1,000
  • a partner in a business partnership

Additionally, you may need to send one if you have any other untaxed income, such as:

  • money from renting out a property
  • tips and commission
  • income from savings, investments and dividends
  • foreign income

Where do i start with a tax return?

  • HMRC provide guidance on what is required and how to fill in a self assessment return.
  • This can be very confusing to someone new to Business/ not a qualified accountant. Understanding all the rules and regulations and how to apply it to your income and expenditure.
  • The first step is to inform HMRC that you plan to work as self employed. They will then send you details of how to register with their online services.

When is the deadline for submission?

  • The deadline for a paper return is the 31st October every year.
  • The deadline for an online return is normally later and is the 31st January.

10 + 15 =


Contact Us

Please use the form and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible. No question is too obvious. We’re here to help.

Alternatively contact us via phone or email and we can deal with your query that way.


2 Stamford Square,


SW15 2BF


+00 (44) 730 808 5470